grifo® Mini Module Silicon Laboratories
Doesn't Need Programmer.
the Serial Line.
GMM F346 English Tech. Manual
Ver. xxx - Rel. xxx.
GMB HR84 + GMM F346
English Tech. Manual PDF format.
Ver. 5.00 - Rel. 13 September
picture shows GMM F346 that has the dimension
of DIP28 integrated circuit. The GMM
F346 is equipped with Silicon Laboratories C8051F346
GMM F346 possible applications
- Integrated system that can be used directly on the board
developed by the user, as a macro component.
- Smart intelligent nodes with local functionalities as PID
algorithms for controlling temperatures, motors, valves, etc.
- Teleacquisition and telecontrol on medium and low distances.
- Home automation: lights turning ON/OFF, heating and cooling
systems control, supervision of electric devices, security and
acces control systems.
- Car automation: lights turning ON/OFF, heating and cooling
systems control, supervision of electric devices, anti-teft and
acces control systems, functionality checks.
- Didactics: GMM F346 offers a very low cost to learn
8051 Core, we have many starter kits options. For this purpose
it is likewise interesting the CAN
GMT or GMM TST3 support
- Whenever there is a short time to market: the user can see
a prototype or even a ready product in one week.
- Decentralized systems as robots, automation of production
line machines, big factory automations.
- Programmable peripherals with USB, connection suitable,
as an example, for a direct connection to PC.
- Converter for different serial communication protocols.
F E A T U R E S
- Standard container with 28 pin male socket, dual in line,
100 mils pitch, 600 mils width.
- Very small dimension: 20,7 x 41,2 x 15,9 mm.
- Weight: 11,0 g.
- 4 layers printed circuit to obtain best noisy resistance
and best EMI performance.
- No external programmer is needed as GMM F346 is a
grifo® ISP (In System
Programming) Mini Module.
The FLASH on Micro is Programmable and Erasable by using
RS 232 or USB serial line only.
- Single power supply required +5Vdc 32mA.
- Availability of power saving setting as idle mode and stop
Laboratories C8051F346 Microcontroller (8051 code compatibile)
at 25 Mips.
- 64 KByte FLASH for code.
- 4.25 KByte RAM for data.
- 8 Reset sources; all them can be enabled and checked
- Up to 21 A/D Converter channels with 10 bits resolution,
- Selectable A/D reference voltage between Internal and External..
- Built-in Temperature sensor.
- Up to " analog Comparators with inputs, outputs
and functionalities defined by firmware.
- 16 interrupt sources with 2 priority levels.
- 4 Timers Counters up to 16 bits, with different operation
- 16 bits PCA section, complete of 5 channels with PWM,
compare, capture, etc. functionality.
- Watch Dog section, with programmable activation and
intervent time, that protect the controlled system in any operating
- Up to 23 digital I/O lines available on connector.
Some of these lines have multiple functions.
- Hardware Serial Line with programmable Baud Rate up
to 115200 Baud, RS 232 buffered or at TTL level.
- 3 Jumpers select the electric protocol of serial line.
- Transceiver MAX3222E, for RS 232 serial line, with ESD protection
up to ±15KV.
- USB comunication line,
compatible with 2.0 standard, either Full speed (12 Mbps) or
low speed (1.5 Mbps).
- USB line protected by
- 1 KByte memory buffer dedicated to USB.
- SPI hardware interface,
available on connector, capable to work with 3 or 4
- I2C BUS hardware interface,
available on connector.
- Efficient and versatile Crossbar
section that allows to route the signals of described peripheral
devices to Mini Module pins, by firmware.
- 1 Configuration input readable by firmware.
- Status LED managed by firmware through one digital
- Real Time Clock Ramtron
FM 3130 with: .
- integrated 64 KBytes FRAM,
- driven by I2C BUS line,
- lithium battery,
- management of date and time,
- possibility to generate programmable interrupts.
- Both the FRAM and a FLASH area can be used
to mantain saved data even when there isn't power supply
voltage; this replace an EEPROM in a more comfortable mode.
- Wide range of development tools as: Assembler (MCA51,
A51, SXA51); C Compilers (SYS51CW, uC/51, SDCC); BASIC
Compiler (BASCOM 8051); PASCAL Compiler (SYS51PW);
Contacts Logic (LadderWORK), etc.
- Possibility to program the user code, generated by selected
development tools, inside the internal FLASH, through I51
- The I51 Bootloader Grifo®.allows to program the
user firmware through In System Programming, that is when
the module is already mounted. It interacts with a specific program
for PC, by using a serial communication line (RS 232 or
USB) and a little amount of memory resources.
- 512 Bytes of FLASH can be used, through I51 Bootloader
Grifo® for user Data and user Parameters
saving, completely separated from code.
- The PC software, that supports the ISP programming
is freeware and it can be easily integrated inside the selected
tools, in order to reduce developing time.
- Long list of demo programs and use examples supplied under
source form, duly remarked, for the available development tools.
|The picture shows the CPU Block Diagram
of grifo® Mini Module type GMM F346
|The picture shows the test card GMM TST3
that mount a grifo® Mini Module type GMM F346
|The picture shows the test card CAN GMT
that mount a grifo® Mini Module type GMM F346
|The pictures show grifo®
Mini BLOCK GMB-HR84 that
mount a grifo® Mini Module type GMM F346
|GAB H844 open frame with 28 pin GMM F346 Mini
|I51 Bootloader program for grifo®
type. It allows to write the PROGRAM and DATA memory
available on Mini Module, through RS 232 or USB
serial line of PC.
|Silicon Laboratories - USB Debug Adapter.
|Silicon Laboratories - TOOL STICK DEBUG ADAPTER
DC + TOOL STICK
|SL_DATA (Technical Sheet) - GAB H844 and S-LOG create a Data Logger that
acquires both Analog and Digital lines from the
field and stores data and time on a Secure Digital card.
A C C E S
S O R I E S
8 Opto-In, 4 Relay
Housing Mini BLOCK Module witch 8
Opto-In and 4 Relay Outputs; Serial Line RS232 or TTL,
RS422/485, Current Loop, CAN;
Housing, 8 Alalog-In, 4 Opto-In, 4 Relay
Housing Analog BLOCK Module witch 8
Analog-In ,4 Opto-In, 4 Relay Outputs; Serial Line
RS232 or TTL, RS422/485, Current Loop;1 I2C
1 Serial Line USB
or CAN; Power Supply.
Connector KIT Set, 4 pins
4 Female pins + AMP plastic housing
for GMB_HR84, etc..
AMP Cable Connector, 8 pins
1 m cable with 8 pins female AMP
connector for QTP_03, etc..
The EL 12 module is a complete, low cost, power
supply with extremely reduced dimension, that can be used in
conjunction with grifo®
cards as SDI 02, QTP 12, QTP 16Big, QTP 16,
QTP 22, QTP 24, QTP G28, etc.
BASIC compiler for 8051
is a BASIC COMPILER , that generates code for
the I51 family of microcontrollers, executed on a PC provided
of a Windows operating system. This compiler provides a
complete development tools and it includes many new instructions
dedicated to direct management of typical problems of industrial
automation. Moreover it supports arrays, strings
and numerous additional data types, floating point mathematic
functions, high level interrupts managements, etc.
µ C / 5 1
ANSI C compiler
Develop high quality software for any microcontroller of I51
family, by using ANSI C. µC/51
corresponds to a compiler capable of incredible optimizations,
you can write ANSI C code even for the micro with only 1k Byte
of memory! µC/51 is absolutely complete: easy to
use multi file Editor, Compiler, Assembler, Downloader, source
level Debugger. Nothing more it is necessary.
The Pascal 51
is a compiler capable to generate code for the I51 family of microcontrollers,
that use almost all the instructions defined in Wirth's
Pascal. Thanks to his integarted developmen environment
it is really simple to use and offers advantages in hardware resources
management, available in the microcontrollers. Moreover objects
and precompiled units can be used too.
Ladder contact logic
coincides with an development tools executed on PC, that starts
from a graphic programmation with contact logic, and generates
code for I51 microcontrollers family. The components that
can be connected are numerous and a rich list of integrated parameters
and commands make possible the phases of drawing, compiling, programming
and testing of the electric diagram to develop.
D C C
Device C Compiler
The SDCC tools includes
some different C compilers for numerous 8 bits microcontrollers,
as I51, Z80, DS390, 68HC08 and PIC.
It is a is free Open Source software, distributed under
GNU General Public License (GPL).
The software inludes an ANSI C compiler, an Assembler and
a linker, all with command line execution, and a complete user
documentation. It supports many optimizations, specializations
for specific microcontroller features, all data types (char,
short, int, long and float) and the ability
to add inline Assembler code.
The compiler can be easily integrated into an IDE that
allows to edit; compile and test the C program, comfortably
from a single program. For example, once it has been integrated
IDE from Silicon
Laboratories, you obtain a powerfull and complete
development tools, capable to solve any application type.
Page up-dated at September 13, 2011
Via dell'Artigiano, 8/6
40016 San Giorgio di Piano
Tel: +39 051 892.052 (4 lines)
FAX: +39 051 893.661
Utility Cat. Index Es.
BAS. K51 Hobby