SL - Data
S-LOG - Data Logger
Tech. Manual PDF format.
Ver. 5.00 - Rel. 16 January
|Data Logger SL-Data composed by GAB H844
that acquires both Analog and Digital lines from
the field and an S-LOG capable to store data and time
on a Secure Digital card.
SL-Data is a product capable
to acquire analog data, supplied by the field, and to save them
on a removable memory card , like the SD
(Secure Digital) and MMC
(Multi Media Card) types.
This product is the result of numerous experiences, collected
in many years by grifo®,
during the development of Data Logger applications. The
equipment acquire and save different analog signal in a simple,
reliable and cheap manner. Moreover it allows to examine and/or
process the saved information, later and in a different place.
The logged data are saved on the memory cards managed by S-LOG,
that are the SD and MMC, with FAT16
The logged data can be moved to a PC through a simple extraction
of the memory card and a following insertion on a PC provided
of a standard multicards interface. The data are availbale under
file/s with ASCII format and they are organized in order
to be opened with EXCEL spread sheet.
Then these data can be saved in different files, or they can be
examined, processed, printed, arranged, registered, displayed
on graphs, etc. according with user requirements.
is composed by a group of hardware, firmware and software. This
division allow the customers to select two different working modalities:
A) Use the package
directly, as it has been supplied, by taking advantage of the
provided configurations in order to satisfy the application requirements.
B) Modify the program
Source in order to change, or add, some new required functionalities.
The operative features, already available or to be added, of
the SL-Data are briefly described
The firmware and the software normally provided with SL-Data acquire and save the analog
inputs available on GAB H844, coupled with a selected Mini
Module. The supplied program, even in source format
widely remarked, includes all the necessary Procedures
and Data Structures and allows the user to develop his
firmware and to satisfy his specific requirements. In this manner
the SL-Data considerably reduces
the development time of data logger applications.
A comfortable configuration mode let the user arrange the SL-Data for the application to develop.
As an example, it defines the type of the connected analog signals,
the acquisition time and mode, the features of the physic values
acquired (engineering format), etc. Normally the configuration
mode is used only one time before the installation of the complete
One of the most important features of SL-Data
is that it is a ready to use product: the user is not forced to
know the selected and used hardware. Thanks to the Utility programs
and the sources provided with the product, it is possible to set
up, test and use the data logger in few minutes.
The most important features of SL-Data
are summarized in the following points. In order to simplify the
description we define:
- Acquisition Hw
-> system dedicated to field signals connection (usually GAB
Hxxx + Mini Module).
- Saving Hw ->
system dedicated to data saving (S-LOG:
for details please proper documentation).
- Acquisition of the Analog Inputs available on acquisition
- Analog Inputs configurable among different Types:
two are Voltage inputs (0÷Vmax value, 0÷Vmax
value*4) and two are Current inputs (0÷20 mA, 4÷20
- Analog inputs can be Filtered or not by firmware,
and enabled in the acquisition hw configuration.
- Gain Factor application on the analog inputs.
- Analog inputs are converted in Engineering Unit.
- Engineering unit for analog inputs defined under configuration
with Begin Scale and End Scale values.
- Values in engineering units are saved on memory cards.
- Automatic Format of the values in engineering unit, in order
to provide always the maximum number of Significant Digits.
- Data saved on Memory Card with SD
type, up to GBytes.
- FAT16 format for memory
- Memory card completely managed by S-LOG.
- Data on memory card are organized on
single or different ASCII Files, compatible with electronic
spreadsheet as EXCEL.
- Possibility to add Label, Prefix, Suffix
to saved data, with the saving hw configuration.
- Label, Prefix and Suffix can be widely composed and include
also Time Indication (current date and time).
- The memory cards and the saved data can be managed by any
PC provided of proper multicards interface.
- Comfortable configuration modes either for acquisition hw
and saving hw.
- Configurations are mantained in backed memories (EEPROM)
with specific algorithms and reliability controls.
- Connection between acquisition hw and saving hw can be performed
either with Asynchronous RS 232 or Synchronous
- Serial Communication Line can be selected under configurations.
- Easily define of RS 232 Physic Protocol for asynchronous
communication (Baud Rate, Stop Bit, Parity, etc.).
- The not used communication line of the acquisition hw (Asynchronous
RS 232 or Synchronous I2C
BUS) remain Free for
the connection to different external systems.
- Acquisition Time can be defined under configuration
among 18 standard values (from 1 second to 1
day), or alternatively with a time inserted by user.
- Time control of the acquisition hardware based on a Periodic
Interrupt, with 10 msec resolution.
- Check of configuration Validity and signalling
of possible errors.
- Saving hw Functionality is Cheked by acquisition hw
and possible anomalies are signalized.
- Firmware source developed with Modular Procedures dedicated
to any section of the acquisition hw (EEPROM, A/D,
Buffered Inputs, Buffered Outputs, Serial Communication,
- Firmware and software support double language: Italian
- Wide Documentation and rich list of Examples
both in Source and Executable format.
- No License
nor additional costs. The user is free to develop all the applications
that he requires.
For further information please refer to proper SL-Data
|Data Logger SL-Data GSM composed by GAB H844 that acquires both
Analog and Digital lines from the field; SDI
02 capable to store data and time on a Secure Digital
card and an GSM Modem.
- At least one SL-Data
- A power supply source for the selected hardware device.
- A PC provided of one RS 232 asynchronous serial line
(COMx) and one multicards interface.
- A memory card up to 2 GBytes.
- Serial communication cables.
A C C E S S O R
I E S
CKS AMP 4
Connector KIT Set, 4 pins
4 Female pins + AMP plastic housing
for GMB_HR84, etc..
AMP Cable Connector, 4 pins
1 m cable with 4 pins female AMP
connector for GMB_HR84, etc..
CKS AMP 8
Connector KIT Set, 8 pins
8 Female pins + AMP plastic housing
for QTP_03, etc..
AMP Cable Connector, 8 pins
1 m cable with 8 pins female AMP
connector for QTP_03, etc..
Cable Connector AMP 3+3 Vie
0,48 m cable with 3+3 pins female AMP
connector for I2C BUS
The EL 12 module is a complete, low cost, power
supply with extremely reduced dimension, that can be used in
conjunction with grifo®
cards as SDI 02, QTP 12, QTP 16Big, QTP 16,
QTP 22, QTP 24, QTP G28, etc.
Page up-dated at October 05,
Cards Categorical Index