S E P - 4 0+
Connection to PC through USB
SEP 40+ English
Tech. Manual PDF format.
Ver. 3.10 - Rel. 04 April
- Small, fast and powerful
- More than 31.077 supported
devices (at April 2014)
- DIL40 ZIF socket, devices
in DIL package up to 40 pins are supported without adapters
- In-circuit serial programming
(ISP) capability included
- Connection to PC - USB
- Easy to use control program,
Windows XP/2003/XPx64/Vista 32-bit end 64-bit, WIN 7 64-bit,
WIN 8 64-bit compatible
- Free SW update, download
- Power supply, cable and
- SEP 40+ is next member of new generation
of Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP based grifo®
universal programmers. Programmer is built to meet the
demands of the development labs and field engineers to universal,
but portable programmer.
- SEP 40+ is a small, fast and powerful
programmer of all kinds of programmable devices. Using build-in
in-circuit serial programming (ISP) connector the programmer
is able to program ISP capable chips in-circuit.
- Provides very competitive price but
excellent hardware design for reliable programming. Nice "value
for money" in this class.
- Very fast programming due to high-speed
FPGA driven hardware and support of high-speed USB. Surely
faster than competitors in this category.
- SEP 40+ interfaces with the IBM PC,
AT or above, portable or desktop personal computers through any
standard USB port. Therefore you can take programmer and
move it to another PC without assembly/disassembly of PC.
- 40 powerful TTL pindrivers provide H/L/pull_up/pull_down
and read capability for each pin of socket. Advanced pindrivers
incorporate high-quality high-speed circuitry to deliver
signals without overshoot or ground bounce for all supported
devices. Pin drivers operate down to 1.8V so you'll be ready
to program the full range of today's advanced low-voltage devices.
- The programmer performs device insertion
test (wrong device position in socket) and contact check
(poor contact pin-to-socket) before it programs each device.
These capabilities, supported by signature-byte check
help prevent chip damage due to operator error.
- SEP 40+ programmer performs programming
verification at the marginal level of supply voltage,
which, obviously, improves programming yield, and guarantees
long data retention.
- Various socket converters are available
to handle device in PLCC, SOIC and other packages.
- Programmer is driven by an easy-to-use
control program with pull-down menus, hot keys and on-line help.
Selecting of device is performed by its class, by manufacturer
or simply by typing a fragment of vendor name and/or part number.
- Standard device-related commands (read,
blank check, program, verify, erase) are enhanced by some test
functions (insertion test, signature-byte check), and some
special functions (autoincrement).
- All known data formats are supported. Automatic
file format detection and conversion during load of file.
- The rich-featured autoincrement function
enables to assign individual serial numbers to each programmed
device - or simply increments a serial number, or the function
enables to read serial numbers or any programmed device identification
signatures from a file.
CARE FOR THE
- It is important to remember that support of
new devices requires only a software update due to the
SEP 40+ hardware. With our prompt service you can have
a new device added to the list of supported devices within hours!
Free software updates are available by download
from our WEB site.
- Keep-Current and AlgOR services, our next
step to be customers satisfied.
- Keep-Current service means,
send off the latest version of programmer software and updated
user documentation (Keep-Current package) to customer . A Keep-Current
service is your hassle-free guarantee that you are doing the
highest quality programming on grifo®
programmers, at minimal cost.
- AlgOR (Algorithm On Request)
service gives to the user tool to influence to amount and types
of programmed devices as needed.
40+ Program - FREE - Update
and execute free management program. It allows You to check if
the requested device is supported by programmer. Be sure that
the selected programmer is the SEP 40+.
Software for Windows
3.x; Windows 95; Windows 98; Win ME; Windows 2000/ Win XP; 2003;
- two D/A converters for VCCP and VPP, controllable rise and
- VCCP range 0..7V/350mA
- VPP range 0..25V/200mA
- FPGA based IEEE 1284 slave printer port, up to 1MB/s transfer
- selftest capability
ZIF socket, pindriver
- 40-pin DIL ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket accepts both
300/600 mil devices up to 40-pins
- pindriver: 40 TTL pindrivers, universal GND/VCC/VPP pindriver
- FPGA based TTL driver provides H, L, CLK, pull-up, pull-down
on all pindriver pins, level H selectable from 1.8 V up to 5V
- in-circuit serial programming (ISP) capability included
- continuity test: each pin is tested before every programming
- EPROM: NMOS/CMOS, 27xxx and 27Cxxx series, with 8/16 bit
data width, full support of LV series (*1*2)
- EEPROM: NMOS/CMOS, 28xxx, 28Cxxx, 27EExxx series, with 8/16
bit data width, full support of LV series (*1*2)
- Flash EPROM: 28Fxxx, 29Cxxx, 29Fxxx, 29BVxxx, 29LVxxx, 29Wxxx,
49Fxxx series, with 8/16 bit data width, full support of LV series
- Serial E(E)PROM: 17Cxxx, 24Cxxx, 24Fxxx, 25Cxxx, 59Cxxx,
85xxx, 93Cxxx, full support of LV series(*1)
- Configuration PROM: 17xxx series, LV series including
- NV RAM: Dallas DSxxx, SGS/Inmos MKxxx, SIMTEK STKxxx, XICOR
2xxx, ZMD U63x series
- PLD: series: Atmel, AMD-Vantis, Cypress, ICT, Lattice, NS,
- microcontrollori famiglia MCS51: 87Cxxx, 87LVxx, 89Cxxx,
89Sxxx, 89LVxxx di Atmel, Atmel W&M, Intel, Philips,
SST, Winbond, 8-40 pins (*1), sia in parallelo che seriali (ISP)
- Microcontrollers MCS51 series: 87Cxxx, 87LVxx, 89Cxxx, 89Sxxx,
89LVxxx series from Atmel, Atmel W&M, Intel, Philips, SST,
- Microcontrollers Atmel AVR: ATtiny, AT90Sxxx, ATmega series
- Microcontrollers Microchip PICmicro: PIC12xxx, PIC16xxx,
PIC17Cxxx, PIC18xxx series, 8-40 pins (*1*2)
- Microcontrollers Scenix (Ubicom): SX18xxx, SX20xxx, SX28xxx
Programmer, through ISP connector
- Microcontrollers Atmel: AT89Sxxx, AT90Sxxxx, ATtiny, ATmega
- Microcontrollers Microchip PICmicro: PIC12xxx, PIC16xxx,
PIC17xxx, PIC18xxx series
- Microcontrollers EM Microelectronic: 4 and 8 bit series
- (*1) - suitable adapters are available for non-DIL packages
- (*2) - there exist only a few adapters for devices with more
than 40 pins. Therefore, please, consider a more powerful programmer
(LabProg+, BeeProg, JetProg), if you need to program devices
with more than 40 pins
- for all supported devices see actual DEVICE LIST
- Static RAM: 6116 .. 624000
Note. This times strongly depend on PC speed, LPT
port type and operating system free resources. Therefore values
of two different PC configurations are given for comparison.
Conditions: P4, 2.4 GHz, USB 2.0 high speed, Windows XP.
The programming times are preliminary, the improvement
is in progress.
Algorithms: only manufacturer approved or certified
algorithms are used. Custom algorithms are available at additional
Algorithm updates: software updates are available approx.
every 2 weeks, free of charge.
Main features: revision history, session logging, on-line
help, device and algorithm information
- intelligent device selection by device type, manufacturer
or typed fragment of part name
- blank check, read, verify
- configuration and security bit program
- illegal bit test
- insertion test
- contact check
- ID byte check
- auto device serial number increment
- count-down mode
- view/edit, find/replace
- fill, copy, move, byte swap, word/dword split
- checksum (byte, word)
- no download time because programmer is PC controlled
- automatic file type identification
Supported file formats
- unformatted (raw) binary
- HEX: Intel, Intel EXT, Motorola S-record, MOS, Exormax, Tektronix,
Minimum PC system requirements
- Common, software related requirements
- Programmer hardware related requirements:
- One USB port, the 2.0 hight speed recommended
- operating voltage 15...20V DC, max. 0.5A (adapter included
- power consumption max. 6W active, about 0.5W sleep
- dimensions 160x95x35 [mm] (6.3x4.3x2.0 [inch])
- weight (without external power adapter) ca. 600g
- temperature 5..40C
- humidity 20%..80%, non condensing
Base configuration package includes
- SEP 40+ programmer
connection cable PC-programmer
- ISP cable
- diagnostic POD for selftest
- anti-dust cover for ZIF socket
- wall plug adapter 230V to 12V DC/500mA, unstabilized
- user manual (English
and Italian version) on CD
in PDF format for Acrobat
- transport case
Current - ELNEC sends to user a latest version of programmer
software and updated user documentation (Keep-Current package)
(Algorithms On Request) - add new supported devices on customer
Programmer price includes too:
- free technical support (hot line)
- free life-time software update via Internet
The information in this document
is subject to change without notice.
Page up-dated at April 12, 2017