General Purpose Controller,
GPC® 188F English Tech.
Manual PDF format.
Ver. 5.10 - Rel. 12 April
The GPC® 188F card is
a powerful control and managing card in the 100x160mm standard
single Europa size.It relies on the powerful Industrial Abaco®
BUS and exploits the numerous intelligent and non intelligent
peripherals, available on this BUS.
The GPC® 188F is based on the powerful and notorious
CPU 80C188 Intel, therefore being code compatible with
any PC , and it has considerable hardware resources available
The 8 Lines of 13 bits high performances A/D
Converter are particulary interesting.Its modularity and the
remarkable hardware resources allow this card to be easily used
even in complex applications. Moreover this card is the right
component for all the applications that require a lot of memory,
in fact up to 2 M Bytes can be mounted on board.
The GPC® 188F use is simplified by a wide range
of software developement tools based on high level languages which,
in an efficient and friendly environment, allow to work at the
best using a standard PC.
Noteworthy among these tools the Operating Systems,
an efficient PASCAL
Romated Compiler or the powerful C
Compilers. Special care has been devoted to the difficult
operation of Debug, by programs which allow the Remote Symbolic Debugger directly
on the card.
- - Single Euro size 100x160mm with interface to Abaco®
- - 20 MHz cmos 80C188 CPU
- - Up to 1M EPROM or up to 512K FLASH EPROM
- - Up to 1M RAM. A write protect circuit can be enabled
for 512K RAM obtaining a reliable RAM disk
- - Serial EEPROM up to 8K.
- - 8 way Dip Switch readable by software
- - 2 activity LEDs, placed on the card front, driven
- - 2 RS 232 serial lines, one configurable in RS
422, RS 485 or Current Loop managed by the
powerful Z85C30 supporting HDLC, SDLC etc.
protocols and software selectable baud rate, up to 115 KBaud
- - 24 I/O TTL lines, set via software, managed by PPI
- - One 16 bits Timer and two 16 bits timer counter
capable to generate PWM signals
- - 8 A/D Converter lines with Sample & Hold,
5,5 µs, range 0÷2,5V and possibility to work
on differential inputs (±2,5V), 12 bits+sign, managed
by LM 12H458. It develops more than 140.000 coversions
per second, it is provided with an internal sequencer, DMA
data transfer, Self Calibration function, Conversion
Rates programmation and it is able to check an analog input
generating an INT when defined limits are excelled.
- - Power Failure circuit capable to generate interrupt
- - Real Time Clock able to up date day, month, year,
week day, seconds, minutes and hours. It can be programmed to
issue an INT at intervals defined by software
- - Watch Dog resettable by software and display through
- - Back up circuit for RAM and RTC provided
of lithium battery and connector for external battery. The battery
charge status can be acquired by software.
- - Single power supply 5Vdc, 386mA
- - The wide range of base software and Developement
Tools enable the use of the card connected to any PC,
making a special developement system unnecessary. Among the available
programs there are: Monitor
Debugger Trace, Simbolic
Remote Debugger, Tools
Roomable C, HTC-86,
FLASH WRITER, Compilator Romate PASCAL,
RomDOS, DDS, CMX-RTX,
Data Sheet GPC® 188F,
Cards Categorical Index Tables