General Purpose Controller,
GPC® 150 English Tech.
Manual PDF format.
Ver. 5.00 - Rel. 15 March
The GPC® 150 card is
a powerful control and managing card in the 100x160mm standard
Single Europa size.It relies on the powerful Industrial
Abaco® BUS and exploits the numerous intelligent and non
intelligent peripherals, available on this BUS.
The GPC® 150 is based on the powerful and diffuse
CPU 84C15 Zilog, therefore
being code compatible with the famous
Z80 , and it has considerable hardware resources available
The 8 lines of 13 bits high performances A/D
Converter are particulary interesting.
Its modularity and the remarkable hardware resources allow
this card to be easily used even in complex applications. Moreover
this card is the right component for all the applications that
require a lot of memory, in fact up to 5 MBytes can be
mounted on board.
Programming and exploiting the resources of this module is
extremely easy thanks to FGDOS
romated operative system.
This latter supports high level languages such as BASIC,
PASCAL, C compilers and so on; it
drives the memory resources as ROM/RAM disk allowing an
immediate use of this devices at high level. In addition to that
the GPC® 150 allows a direct management of LCD
or Fluorescent Displays, matrix keyboard, parallel printer
and PCMCIA RAM cards (QTP-16P,
). The FGDOS affords truly notable develop and debug facilities,
and allows to program directly on board a FLASH with the
The GPC® 150 is equipped with a series of standard
Abaco® connectors allowing
immediate use of the many BLOCK
I/O interface, or enabling a simple and inexpensive connections
to equipment made by the user, or by third parties.
- - Single Euro size 100x160mm with interface to Abaco®
- - 84C15 CPU with 32 MHz crystal.
- - Up to 512K EPROM or FLASH EPROM and up to
512K RAM. Through FGDOS the memory that exceed
64K is managed as RAM/ROM disk. It is possible
deleting and re-programming the on borad FLASH, automatically,
with the user programm.
- - Serial EEPROM up to 8K.
- - Serial FLASH EPROM available in different sizes,
up to 4M.
- - 8 way Dip Switch and configuration jumper
readable by software.
- - Activity LED, placed on the front side, driven through
- - 2 RS 232 serial lines, one configurable in RS
422, RS 485 or Current Loop managed by the
powerful SIO supporting HDLC, SDLC etc.
protocols and software selectable baud rate, up to 115 KBaud
- - 40 I/O TTL lines, set via software: 24 managed
by PPI 82C55 and 16 managed by PIO.
- - Four 8 bits Timer Counters: 2 used ad baud
rate generator and 2 on I/O connector.
- - 8 A/D Converter lines with Sample & Hold,
5,5 µs, range 0÷2,5 or 0÷5V
and possibility to work on differential inputs (±2,5
or ±5V), 12 bits+sign, managed by LM12H458.
It develops more than 140.000 Coversions per second, it
is provided with an internal sequencer, Self Calibration
function, Conversion Rates programmation and it is able
to check an analog input generating an INT when defined
limits are excelled.
- - Power Failure circuit capable to generate Interrupt.
- - Real Time Clock able to up date day, month, year,
week day, seconds, minutes and hours. It can be programmed to
issue an INT at intervals defined by software.
- - Watch Dog resettable by software and display through
- - Back Up circuit for RAM and RTC provided
of Lithium battery and connector for external battery.
The battery charge status can be acquired by software.
- - Single power supply +5Vdc, 260 mA.
- - Wide range of base software and developement tools that
allow card use with only a standard PC, connected through
serial line. Among these: FGDOS
150; PASCAL 80;
CBZ 80; NSB8; Software
Tools, RSD 150; HI TECH C
80; GET 80; DDS MICROC 85; NoICE,;
Data Sheet GPC® 150,
Cards Categorical Index Tables